A TOUCH NEVER FELT

How can you ache and crave for someone's touch
When you have never felt it?
I do this for yours, though,
And the yearning grows more each day
I have never wanted anything in my life

As much as I want you
When you whisper such sweet love
In my ear when we talk
You make me melt into a puddle

Of complete helplessness
You have become my every waking thought
And my every dream at night
I breathe in so hard

Trying to catch my breath when we can't talk
I close my eyes so tight
Hoping when I open them you will be there
But I know I have to wait

Until the time is right
It seems so far away
That I think I am losing my mind
I want to breathe in your scent

And keep it with me all day long
I want to taste your love for me
By kissing your sweet lips
I want to feel your body next to me

So when you leave for awhile I can hold on
I just want you to know
That I really do love you
When the day comes and we are together

You will always know and feel this
I will always hug, kiss and love you
Every moment of the day and night
 ...You will never have another touch unfelt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Military Hospital Rawalpindi

The acacia trees, a poem by Derek Walcott

25 great first lines of poetry - piano