Drowning, a poem by Tsebo Makakole

Scared and frustrated,
Ke t�ohile batsoali,
What are they going to say,
When I tell them?
My wallet all wet,
Containing my money
And my bank account cards.

My Canon camera�s
Lens is blurry,
My Motorola leaking ink
From the inside.
Ke tlo kopa thuso joang,
Coz I am drowning
Like a dying cat.

My lip balm filled with water
And my smart watch not working,
Manaka a eona a eme tsi!
Joalo ka pelo e sa pompeng mali.
Metsi. Metsi. Metsi.

When I thought of my drawings,
I wanted to cry,
Coz those were the best
Pictures I had.
Ha ke nahana ho qala qalong
Mosebetsi o tloba mongata.
Then I cried joalo ka lesea
Straight after birth.

Ahhhhhhh!





Tsebo Makakole is a 17-year-old high-school student from Morija, Lesotho. He enjoys photography, filmmaking, hip-hop, soccer and writing poems and stories. He plans to pursue these interests and to become a professional, multi-disciplinary artist.

Tsebo Makakole

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Military Hospital Rawalpindi

The acacia trees, a poem by Derek Walcott

25 great first lines of poetry - piano