If only I had known, a poem by Eketsang T�oaeli

If only I had known
The bracelet was her last
Word to me
If only I had known
That it spoke
Of joy and forgiveness

The letter seemed normal
I didn�t know that those words
Were coming from deep
Within her heart

Her picture showed a true
Reflection of life
A song came into my mind
A song was expressed as
A sacrifice unto God

A scripture that said
�The Lord is my shepherd�
Kept her going
It gave her strength
And when I saw her rising up
It was then that I knew
God gives strength
To the weak

When I saw her tears
And when I saw her smile
I remembered the life
We used to live
If only I had known
I would have been heard when I said
She is a legend to me



Eketsang �Hakelar� T�oaeli is a 15-year-old originally from Quthing, Lesotho. She is currently studying at Morija Girls� High School. Eketsang enjoys writing stories and poems, telling jokes and getting involved in community work. She hopes to pursue her poetry and to work as a doctor.



Eketsang T�oaeli


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Military Hospital Rawalpindi

The acacia trees, a poem by Derek Walcott

25 great first lines of poetry - piano